Zamoranos in the 1st Castilla y León tapas and pinchos contest, Mise en Place, Wine Bistro, El Puente Bar, Pata Negra restaurant, Benito & CO, Comodín Taberna Urbana and Moralvi Tapas Workshop in Moraleja del Vino have defended the Zamora cuisine.
The people of Zamora have raised the bar for Zamora cuisine:
- Mise en Place with its 3 place with the skewer with vermouth pairing.
- Wine Bistro with the second most innovative cover award.
- Pata Negra with its first place in sustainability, where Benito & CO got third place.
- Bar El Puente third most traditional skewer.
- Moralvi Tapas Workshop first prize on a skewer that best pairs with beer.
The Valladolid restaurant Suite 22 has been proclaimed winner of the first prize of the I Castilla y León Championship of Pinchos and Tapas, held during the last two days in Palencia.
The restaurants Puerto Chico, in Valladolid, and Estoril, in Ciudad Rodrigo (Salamanca), have completed the podium of the first edition of the regional tournament by taking second and third prize respectively.
The jury of the contest has been chaired by the chef Adolfo Muñoz, from the Adolfo de Toledo Restaurant; Iñaki Rodaballo, Basque cook; Antonio Macías, president of the Huelva Provincial Hotel Association; Quique Cerro, professor of hospitality in Albacete; and Enrique Pérez, from the El Doncel Restaurant in Guadalajara, with a Michelin star.